Showing the single result
Protecting a motorcycle from damage during a fall becomes more difficult the more functions it is assigned to. If the motorcycle is used occasionally, to travel a short distance at a not too high speed, then you can save on such accessories. But if we are talking about a motorbike designed for racing or performing stunts, then there can be no question of saving. After all, each accessory, specially designed for knots and mechanisms, is important and necessary. Including the axle sliders.
Bridge sliders functions
Motorcycle axle sliders are small devices that attach to the outer edge of the motorcycle’s front and rear axles. They have functions:
- To prevent the axle from being buried in the road surface in the event of a crush or a scratch on the underside, axle sliders are a must in most asphalt motorcycle races.
- To prevent axles from biting into the racing surface when the motorcycle is tilted excessively when cornering in road racing. This can prevent an accident and minimize damage to both the track and motorbike.
- Mini sliders fitted to the bottom of the footpegs help prevent breakage caused by accidentally scratching the footpegs on the race track.
- The use of rear or front axle sliders also helps to remove the axle nut when replacing the tire, as the nut no longer scratches or grinds from accidental contact with the racing surface.
- On street bikes, axle sliders can prevent costly damage to the swing arm and motorcycle front fork in the event of an accident.
Slider versions are also available for use on handlebar ends, swing arms and shock absorbers.
Having appreciated the undoubted benefits of such an accessory, many manufacturers began to offer complete kits for protecting the entire motorcycle.
How to install axle sliders
Axle sliders, usually designed to be mounted on an axle, are easily removed or replaced with conventional hand tools in just a few minutes by the novice mechanic. Sliders, usually made from modern durable materials such as nylon or aluminum, keep the bike slightly elevated off the road surface in the event of an accident, thereby limiting damage to the chassis, engine and bodywork, motorcycle panels.
Buy axle sliders in online store Crazy Iron
There are many versions and production options for such devices. In order not to waste extra time and money looking for exactly the slider that best suits your particular sportbike – immediately contact to our online store.
A rich assortment, accessories for most motorcycle brands, good prices and consistently high quality – these are the advantages of online shopping, which many motorcyclists have long appreciated. Just a few minutes at a time convenient for you – and your slider is already shipped and goes straight to your garage. Use online store Crazy Iron- leave time for travel.